WOO IT’S BANNED BOOK WEEK!
Write a story based on the above photo.
Submit Your Work | Yeah Write
Handcrafted journals and leather goods, laser etched with antique maps of the cities we hold dear.
It’s Banned Books Week! Celebrate your freedom to read by picking up a banned or challenged book this week. Why do YOU read banned books?
Because classic literature is classic literature!
when i was a child i used to think teens were grown ups and when i was a teen i thought college students were grown ups and now that im a college student im just like what the hell is a grown up anymore
Now that I’m older than college age I’ve concluded that grown ups are a myth.
(Source: cartoonsnc3real, via modern-major-cannibal)
Kurt Vonnegut’s Rules for Short Stories
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things–reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them–in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages. —
Kurt Vonnegut (via chrisarrant)
Wow. Great advice.
we’ve all got that weird pretty big secret that we don’t really hide but like we don’t flaunt it like “My brother died of cancer” or “I’m gay” or “I tried to kill myself last year” or anything really and when you find out somebody’s big plot twist you know you’re in this friendship for the long run
(Source: toreupmasterpiece, via the-gwendolyn-reading-method)
a little girl in the grocery store just asked me if i was a princess because my dress was pretty and i said everyone’s a princess and she pointed to her dad and asked if he was a princess too and her dad said yep its true im a princess and she looked so happy idk it was adorable
WHAT KIND OF WIZARD FISH IS THIS
This little fish lives deeeeeeeeeep down in the ocean and spits that little glob of bio luminescent liquid to momentarily distract predators and escape being eaten
(Source: BBC, via modern-major-cannibal)